So…decided to do a semi-irregular category dedicated to recipes – HomeCookin’ DownTown Style.
For One (or two).
FETTUCINE with HAM & CHEDDER FOR ONE (or two) with a Dijon sauce.
- 1x Fettuccine Alfredo packaged sidedish of your choice.
- 3 slices of shaved or sliced ham
- 1x chopped Leek. (that’s been in the crisper long enough, and needs to be eaten}
- 1 dollop of Whole Grain Dijon
- 1/2 cup (or so) cheddar and Parmesan Cheese. (or go fancy)
- Pepper to taste (I used smidge regular hand ground and spicy pepper medley)
- 1 tsp of margarine or butter
Follow package instructions.
In a separate frying pan melt butter. Add leeks. Let them get all nice and browned up and a wee bit golden, and add the ham. Let that all sizzle away until the stuff in the pot (fettuccine alfredo, remember) finishes up.
In the pan its TIME to add the Dijon (don’t stir). Then take the pan and dump it into the pot and stir.